You’ve signed up for Community Buying Group, and you can barely contain your excitement. You open your inbox of choice to look for the first email from CBG. You click “Send and Receive” five times. “Where’s that dang email?!”
As much as it pains us to say, your first email from Community Buying Group might be hanging out in your Spam folder.
Follow the handy instructions below to make sure you receive every CBG email, including account notifications, supplier updates, promotions, and other good stuff.
Instructions for Gmail
- Sign in to your Gmail
- Type communitybuyinggroup.com in the search bar and search
- Click “Create filter with this search >>”
- Select “Never send it to Spam” and click the “Create filter” button
Instructions for Outlook 2013 (Desktop Application)
- Open Outlook and click on your “Home” tab (the Home tab should be selected by default when you open Outlook
- Click “Junk” and then select “Junk E-mail Options…” from the drop-down list
- Click on the “Safe Senders” tab and then click “Add…”
- Type communitybuyinggroup.com and click “OK”
Instructions for Outlook.com
- Log in to your Outlook.com account
- Click on on the gear icon (settings icon)
- Click on “Options”
- Under “Preventing junk mail,” click on “Safe and blocked senders”
- Click on “Safe senders”
- Type communitybuyinggroup.com
- Click on “Add to list”
Instructions for Yahoo! Mail
- Sign in to your Yahoo! Mail
- Click on the gear icon to the right of the “Home” button and your name
- Click “Settings” in the drop-down list
- Click “Filters” on the left-hand side of the Settings menu
- Click the “Add” button
- Type Community Buying Group for the Filter Name
- In the first row called “From,” select “contains” from the drop-down list and type communitybuyinggroup.com in to the blank box to the right
- Find the section that says, “Then move the message to this folder” and select “Inbox” from the drop-down list
Don’t see your mail client listed?
Check out this comprehensive list.